GENERAL CONTEST RULES
Unless otherwise stated, contests conducted by Steel City Media – Kansas City, LLC (KBEQ-FM, KCKC-FM, KFKF-FM, KMXV-FM) (the “Stations”) are open to all persons who are at least 18 years of age and who live within a 60 mile radius of Downtown Kansas City, Missouri, unless otherwise stated. Employees of Steel City Media, its licensees, corporate parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the Kansas City metropolitan area and the members of their immediate families and/or households are not eligible to participate or win.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN STATION CONTESTS.
- One entry per person will be allowed unless otherwise stated.
- Depending on the contest, the Station will designate the required method of entry/winning.
- For call-in contests, entrants will be asked to call in on a designated telephone line at a particular time or times. Station and its sponsors are not responsible for any technical difficulties, malfunctions or errors (whether technical or typographical) experienced due to overload, busy signals, loss of phone service, internet availability, telephone or other connections that may occur during the course of contest.
- For entry box contests, entries must be deposited in the official entry box by the announced deadline. Unless otherwise specified, one entry will be permitted per person and only on official entry blanks that are handwritten are eligible.
- For internet based entries, entrants will be asked to go to a particular website to enter. Winners will be selected in accordance with the criteria set forth in any announcement with respect to the contest and may include one or more of the following modes of entry: answering survey questions, correctly answering trivia questions, making predictions or guesses, submitting essays, photos, videos or audio, or simply completing an entry form with contact information.
- For internet based entries when entry requires membership to a loyal listener program, Facebook, Twitter, or other third party social network, user acknowledges that the third party site is not affiliated with the Station and, therefore, the Station cannot control errors, cancellation or accounts or other technical malfunctions associated with the Social Network Site that may affect an entrants ability to enter, view, be advised of, be eligible for or be properly considered in a particular Station contest. Users may automatically be entered in to Station contests from time to time if the entrant is a Follower of one or more of the Station’s Social Network Sites.
- For text message based entries, the registered user of the text message account on the date of entry will be the recognized user. At the time the contest is announced and texts are solicited, the criteria for winning will be announced. Only those text messages to the specific phone number provided will be eligible to win. Participants acknowledge that messages are distributed via third party mobile network providers and the Station cannot control certain factors related to message delivery. It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual carrier as charges for texting may apply. Station and Sponsors assume no responsibility for charges incurred for text-messaging including any bounce back messages or contest notices from the Station or Sponsor.
- For Social Media Contests: To enter, log in to your existing account on either Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, or sign up for a free account, with the social media network site. Contests instructions on how to enter will be announced by the Station and the Station’s social media account. Entry into the contest may include a specific hashtag that must be included as noted by Station and/or Sponsor. Social media posts that include any hashtag other than the designated hashtag, or that include a social media handle other than the Station’s or Sponsor’s verified account handle, and/or entry posts that do not include the designated hashtag for the Contest and/or the Station’s verified social media handle will not be accepted for Contest entry.
- Station and Sponsors reserve the right to prohibit the participation of an individual from any or all Station contests if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation.
- Station contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.
- All entries become the property of the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned. Station is not responsible for failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification solely at the discretion of Steel City Media.
- Steel City Media is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest, or in the announcement of a prize.
- Winners are required to sign a Steel City Media Winner Release Form, present a valued United States state or federal photo ID and a valid social security number in order to pick up any prize. Any person who refuses to sign the Release and/or provide photo identification, social security number required by the Station may forfeit prize.
- No person will be entitled to receive any prize until after their eligibility has been confirmed or accepted by Station and all required paperwork has been completed by the pending winner within the required deadlines.
- Prizes are non-transferable and restrictions may apply.
- The Station disclaims all warranties of any kind regarding said prize(s). All prizes are accepted “as is.”
- Prizes are limited to one winner per household every 30 days unless otherwise stated. Major winners of prizes valued at $600.00 or more may only win once per year from the date of winning across all Steel City Media stations.
- Winners receiving a total value of prizing in excess of $600 throughout the year will receive a 1099 form for the total dollar amount of all prizing won during the year in which the prize/s were received. All applicable federal, state and local taxes and fees are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winners may be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent.
- There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
- Station reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for all contests and giveaways. Non-cash prizes are not redeemable for cash.
- Any prize involving travel (overnight accommodations, flight, motor coach, train, etc.) is based on availability and may be subject to certain restrictions including age limits, blackouts and expiration dates. Reservations are non-transferrable and once booked may not be re-scheduled.
- Station and Sponsors are not responsible for replacing or reimbursing winners with any form of compensation for concerts, events, and/or travel expenses or events that are canceled, rescheduled or delayed.
- Any prize that provides an opportunity to meet with a celebrity is contingent upon the celebrity appearing for the event/activity. Station is not responsible if the winner and guest/s are not able to meet the celebrity due to cancellation, illness, conflict or act of God. This portion of the prize has no monetary value and no alternate prize will be awarded.
- Winner does hereby release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless employees and representatives of the Station and its Sponsors from any and all liability claims and demands resulting in any manner from the prize(s) or future use of the prize(s).
- With the exception of concert and event tickets, Prizes that are not picked up by the Winner within 30 days of winning will be forfeited.
- All prizes awarded must be picked up at the Station’s studios located at 4045 Mill Street, Kansas City, Missouri 64111, Monday thru Friday, excluding holidays, during the hours of 9 am and 5 pm.
WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Odds of winning dependent upon the number of entries received unless otherwise stated.
- Station management will have complete discretion with respect to any decision or interpretation relating to the contest, and any decision or interpretation adopted by Steel City Media or its management relating to the contest shall be final, conclusive and binding.
- If required by the Station, winners must execute and return any required Affidavit of Eligibility and/or Release of Liability Prize Acceptance Form on site after winning.
- By participating in the contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, recorded voice, likeness, and biographical material used in any promotional, advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, any advertisers or sponsors associated with this contest and their products and services, Steel City Media (and its licensee, corporate parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates), or any Steel City Media radio station, without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, Steel City Media in its sole discretion may require contest winners (and their travel companions, if any) to sign a liability release, agreeing to hold Steel City Media, its corporate licensee, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated corporations, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest.
- Winner is prohibited from selling any prize awarded or transferring any prize. In the event that the Station discovers or suspects (correctly or incorrectly) that a winner is attempting to sell his/her prize from Station (i.e., Facebook Market, eBay, Craig’s List or other), Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to take one or more of the following actions: 1) immediately disqualify the winner and deem any prize s/he was awarded as forfeited; 2) refuse to award the prize; 3) prohibit the violating winner from participating and/or winning any future Station contests.
- Steel City Media reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to make changes in the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement by Station. If due to circumstances beyond the control of Steel City Media, an event is rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, Steel City Media reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
Copies of the written contest rules and a list of winners (when complete) are available during regular business hours at the main studio of Steel City Media, 4045 Mill Street, Kansas City MO 64111